1. Practice Logs! From here on out the students will be graded on how much they practice. This will be logged in MusicFirst. I’ve shown the students how to do it in class, but if they’re having trouble accessing them, please let me know and I can get you on track!
Here is the grading rubric for practice logs:
140 min or greater 110
110-139 min 100
90-109 min 93
70-89 min 86
50-69 min 79
1-49 min 72
0 or Unsubmitted 0
Practice logs are assigned on Fridays and due on the following Thursday. Full credit is given for a practice log that is turned in ON TIME and has at least 4 days of practice. 10 points are deducted for every day late or less than four.
Since the students are doing practice logs, you should see instruments coming home very often!
2) Music Passoffs! Every week the students will have 3 passoffs to complete. They will be assigned on Friday, Monday and Tuesday. These will be done through MusicFirst, which will redirect them to PracticeFirst. Please make sure you are following the tempo directions. Once again, I’ve shown students how to do this in class. Feel free to email me if you have any problems.
We recommend you do these with a computer, but you can actually do it with a tab or smart phone. If you’re using an iPad or iPhone, please use the musicfirst app instead of your browser. The app is FREE!
I’m very excited to see how far the students have come in just 6 weeks. The first concert on Friday, December 2nd is going to be amazing!
The 2016 Round Rock ISD Festival of Bands is next Monday, and ticket sales are online and at the door (though the line at the door could be very long, if last year is any indication.)
You can purchase the tickets here. All proceeds from the ticket sales benefit the private lesson scholarship fund.
The event is mandatory for the Honor Band, but we would love to every CeVMS band member to come and wear the purple band t-shirts in support of the Honor Band, Round Rock High School Band, and the McNeil High School Band.
Here is the itinerary for tonight’s (September 27) football game.
5:20 pm Be at school, ready to load the bus, with a clipboard, rubberband, folding music stand, and instrument.
5:30 pm Load the bus for Kelley Reeves at CeVMS
5:45 pm Arrive at KRAC
6:00 pm Begin playing for B team game
7:20 pm Begin packing up to leave
7:30 pm Pick-up up for students on North Side of Stadium
A couple of notes, Percussion will have to transport their instrument home and then back to school within the week, preferably the next day. Tubas will be transported by Mr. Alvarado, and will not need to be taken home by students. Bottled water is allowed and encouraged. Students will not be able to go to the concession stand for food during the performance. Please eat a snack or small meal before arriving at CeVMS.
If you have any further questions, please let one of the directors know.
Please fill out the following Google Form if you fall into one of the following categories:
1. Your child is a beginner.
2. Your child has outgrown their current band shirt.
3. You are new to the Cedar Valley Band Program.
This is only for STUDENT shirts, NOT for extra shirts for parents.
Please fill this out as soon as you can.