1) We are only providing transportation to the event. Busses will leave CeVMS at 5PM. Students will need to be picked up at the KRAC at the North Entrance by 7:30PM..
2) Students do not need to stay after school on MONDAY! They can go home and came back in time for the 5PM bus. OR, they you can transport them to the KRAC yourself.
3) If students are staying at school they can go to tutorials or a club and meet in the bandhall in time for the bus. If they are staying in the bandhall the entire time, they must be quietly doing homework or studying.
4) Since we are representing Cedar Valley MS, we would like all students to wear their purple band shirt. If they don’t have a purple band shirt that fits or haven’t received one yet, they can simply wear another purple Cedar Valley shirt.
5) Larger instruments are OK to bring their home horns (if applicable.)
6) Every student should be bringing their home music stand. We will not be bringing the band hall stands with us.
7) Students should bring clipboard with rubberband for their music. Binders do not function well outdoors. Only music that needs to be in the clipboard is: Across the Field, Push It, Bang Bang, Heathens, Uma Thurman and Grooveyard.
8) Permission slip must be on file for students to participate. We gave out hard copies today. If students do not bring them home, feel free to fill out return the one attached to this email. If you’re doing it electronically, please save the file with your child’s name (ex. Arnold Dorsey Permission Form.pdf)
All District Band AuditionsOctober 28, 2017TBAFor Advanced Band Students. Symphonic and Honors bands required. Competition to be held in the morning, students done after lunch time. 8 dollar entry fee.
Region Band AuditionsNovember 4, 2017TBAFor Advanced Band Students who ADVANCED from District Band Tryouts. 8 Dollar Entry Fee. Competition to be held in the morning, students done by lunch.
Band Photo Day - During ClassNovember 13, 2017ALL Bands